Thanks for reading my newsletter! Don’t forget to check out the sidebar information to find out when and where I’ll be available for office hours...
TEDx Des Moines Women Re-Cap
I’m so glad TEDx was has an established presence in Des Moines. Whenever I get a chance to attend one of their events, I clear my calendar!
TED is a global set of conferences owned by the private non-profit Sapling Foundation, under the slogan “ideas worth spreading”. TED was founded in 1984 as a one-off event. The annual conference began in 1990, in Monterey, California. Wikipedia
Read the Full Post
10 Body Language Tips Every Speaker Must Know (Infographic)
Below are a few great tips for speakers. Whether you speak to large groups or small, on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, these tips always come in handy:
- To get the audience to like you, make eye contact.
- To boost your confidence, open your chest and arms, and keep your back straight
- To demonstrate authority, be calm and use small, stiff gestures.
- To draw the audience's attention to something, point directly at it and look at it yourself.
- To convince the audience of something, use positive gestures – smiling, nodding, open movements – throughout the presentation.
Read the Full Post
How to Create a Twitter Marketing Strategy that Rocks
Before you get involved with any social network, you should determine your strategy: how are you going to use your chosen tool to execute your goals. The following actually applies to a few other social networks as well:
- Define target audience
- Determine goals and objectives
- Design, develop and implement tactics to achieve goals
- Monitoring and measuring
- Modify, rinse and repeat
Read the Full Article
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM THIS NEWSLETTER:
Let me know how I can help!
These newsletters are meant to be a resource to help you in your business. Between the publishing of these newsletters, I create and share content through blog posts, Twitter and Facebook. Connect with me here.
As a newsletter subscriber, what would you like to learn about? Where do you see the need for efficiencies within your organization? To whom will you forward this newsletter?
Email me your thoughts, tweet them or leave me a note on Facebook. Let me know how I can help you and your organization realize your potential.
“Get It Done Girl”
Contemporary Business Solutions